I am sure you have wondered not once but many times at the impressive structures and architectures of the high-rise buildings and bridges while holidaying in a foreign country, especially in the UAE. Have you ever thought about the technologies used in designing or building these unique structures? Today, we have many technologies available to make building designs and modeling more accessible. Revit is one of the predominantly used technology nowadays.
Let’s find out; What is Revit?
Revit or Autodesk Revit is a building information modeling software for architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineers, designers, and contractors.
What is Revit Software?
In its original form, Charles River Software developed the Revit software in 1997.
Later, the software was renamed by Revit Technology Corporation in 2000 and acquired by Autodesk in 2002.
- Autodesk Revit is a 4D Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
- Revit is a design and documentation solution, supporting all phases and disciplines involved in a building project.
- The Revit software has the tools to plan and track various stages in the building's lifecycle, from concept to construction. Later, maintenance or demolition.
What can you do with Autodesk Revit?
The Autodesk Revit software allows you to do the following functions smoothly.
|Index No||What is Autodesk Revit Software used for?|
|1||The Revit software is used to design a building and its components in 3D|
|2||Annotate the model with 2D drafting elements|
|3||Access building information from the building model's database|
|4||The Revit software is used for Architectural design, Structural engineering, MEP engineering and detailing, and Preconstruction design.|
|5||Coordinate all data inputs (including CAD) and produce federated project deliverables.|
|6||The Revit software is used in most Building Information Modelling Software, with BIM specialists working on different project elements.|
What functions can be done with Revit Software?
Some of the functions you can do with Autocad Revit Software are:
- Conceptual design
- 3D parametric modeling
- Detailed design documentation
- Multidiscipline coordination
- Modeling building components
- Analyzing and simulating systems and structures
- Iterating and visualizing designs
- Generating design documentation for fabrication or construction
- Structural steel modeling and documentation
- MEP fabrication modeling and detailing
- Photorealistic 3D visualization
- Building performance analysis
- Construction documentation
Why is everyone, including Architects, Engineers & BIM Professionals turn to Revit Software?
The construction industry is constantly evolving. The industry is looking for innovative methods used by the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) professionals to ensure a smooth and effective construction process. If you want to gain expertise in the Revit software, Revit training can help you design and elevate your drawing to the next level.
Lack of skilled labor, lowered margins, rising demands, growing sustainability concerns, etc., are continuously affecting the construction industry today. On the other hand, the advantages of learning Revit Structure are many. Therefore, the industry must use innovative methods and tools and the skills of Revit certified professionals to enable companies to deal with these problems. The best way to curb this situation is to learn Revit Courses. You will learn how to create coordinated, consistent, and complete model-based designs through Autodesk Revit Courses. Companies are looking for Revit Certified professionals to fill the skill gap.
Building Information Modeling is considered one of the solutions that provide the AEC professionals with all the tools they would need to design, plan, construct, and manage buildings. The role of Revit Software by Autodesk enables professions to achieve the goal of BIM to build and maintain higher-quality, more energy-efficient buildings.
Revit supports BIM by creating data-rich and accurate 3D models representing the physical and functional characteristics of the architectural, structural, and MEP design. Choosing the best BIM software will have a huge impact on your project.
Here I have stated some of the significant reasons why AEC professionals highly prefer Revit Software.
- You can integrate Revit with other software programs such as 3D MAX, Navisworks, etc., created by Autodesk to reduce onsite errors and saves cost, time, and resources.
- Collaboration is Easier with Revit as Revit Server allows all the members of the BIM team to work on a single central Revit model. It will help reduce errors arising out of miscommunication which could cause severe repercussions of time, resources, and money.
- You can create a Revit Family with components used to build the 3D model, for example, walls, windows, stairs, doors, etc. The Revit Families can be used throughout the 3D model as required and can also import loadable families to other project environments. Revit Family Creation Services can thus end up saving a lot of time.
- You can extract Construction Documentation once the 3D model has been created to extract 2D Drawings in .dwg and pdf files. This means the engineers, architects, and designers don’t need to make changes to each 2D drawing which is hugely time-consuming.
- In light of the global warming and climate change, Revit Software Promotes Sustainability. Revit Software addresses energy usage (36%) and CO2 emissions (40%). Revit Modeling saves many resources by reducing errors during onsite construction and ultimately conserves energy using its various tools.
Thus, by using Revit Software for creating accurate 3D models, Architects, Engineers & BIM Professionals cannot just ensure a streamlined construction process. Still, they can also increase their profit margins and save time. You can also use Autodesk Revit for Facility management or restoration of old buildings. Moreover, the advantages of Revit modeling don’t stop once the building is constructed. You can update the BIM model to match the conditions prevailing then.
Shaheen is a software trainer with Edoxi Training Institute Dubai. Shaheen has more than 4 years’ experience in developing and executing plans and materials for software development courses, scheduling classes into facilities, and providing software instruction. Shaheen is a travel maniac and spent most of the free time reading his favourite authors.