AutoCAD is an indispensable software tool part of the CAD industry. It would be best to have the software knowledge and the skills required by many industries. Whether it is drafting or engineering design, you cannot go beyond basic AutoCAD skills. So, are you aware of the careers available for an AutoCAD certified professional? What are the qualifications needed? Here we have got answers to all these questions.
Certain occupations will get better prospects than others (civil engineers). There are still many opportunities. If you are interested in finding a job in AutoCAD, some research must be done. Do not forget to check essential statistics and information and find schools and universities for any required courses or qualifications.
Despite the volatile job market and financial hardship, one thing is still clear that AutoCAD professions are expanding and increasing year by year. With the development of AutoCAD software, the AutoCAD job market is also developing. That is why you need AutoCAD Training to take your career to the next level.
Check out our handy guide for an AutoCAD career overview and all the stats you need to know about salaries, job growth, and even advantages and disadvantages.
What is AutoCAD?
Auto cad represents the 2D or 3D computer-aided drafting software application used in the design and manufacture of buildings to assist in the design of blueprints and the basis of other engineering planning. Auto Cad stands for mechanical computer-aided design.
What are the types of AutoCAD?
The types of Auto cad software are:
- 3D CAD: These are multiple types of 3D programs that can be contracted for different applications and levels of detail. It is a program that creates a realistic model of the appearance of a design object, allowing designers to solve potential problems at lower manufacturing costs. Some 3CAD programs include Solid Edge, Solid Works, VX CAD, Solid Designer, and more.
- Solid Modeling: It is a handy program to calculate the dimensions of the created objects. There are many subtypes, whereas structurally stable geometry CAD uses the same basic logic as 2D CAD.
- 3D Wireframe and Surface Modeling: A program containing surface modeling and 3D full-frame to create Skeleton as hidden objects to be modeled. These CAD models are usually converted to other software and are rarely used.
- 2D CAD: A type of 2D CAD used to design flat drawings of structures and products. The object is created in 2D CAD, composed of circles, ellipses, curves, lines, etc. The most essential 2D CAD programs are CAD keys, Medusa, v4, etc.
What jobs use AutoCAD?
AutoCAD is used for many tasks. The computer-aided design software was created by the auto desk for inventing 2D drawings and 3D models. Multiple work profiles use AutoCAD for their work.
- Engineers: Engineers rely on AutoCAD to design machines and processes that solve real problems. They can create anything from airplanes to wastewater treatment plans.
- Industrial Designers: Industrial designers combine art and technology to create products with a pleasing appearance and functionality that meet user expectations. They start by creating ideas and use AutoCAD to create virtual models.
- Drafters: Many drafters use AutoCAD to convert the concepts and specifications of architects, engineers, and other manufacturing designers into blueprints and drawings.
Where to Find AutoCAD Jobs?
As with most job-searching, you can search AutoCAD jobs on any online job database. To make it easier for you, we have put together a list of our top 5 job sites for you to use:
- Search American Jobs
- Career Builder
- Career Jet
After selecting a job site from the above list, you can start a job search. It is effortless. Enter relevant keywords. Example: Use AutoCAD or Drafting to view a list of all available related jobs. Of course, you can optimize your search based on position, salary, location, and even experience level. It only takes a few minutes to find a job relevant to you.
These job websites are just the tip of the iceberg. The above websites are only our first choice so that you can search for other resources. Take time to research each job and apply for a job. Remember to make sure you have the required qualifications or certificates. Do not worry because there are many career opportunities in AutoCAD. With the help of knowledgeable, professional instructors, you can learn AutoCAD easily and quickly.
Is AutoCAD a good skill for a Job?
Yes, this is a helpful skill. With the rapid development of technology, the working process of all tools and technologies is constantly improving. Suppose the candidate has experience with AutoCAD and knows how to use it to create drafts and other designs. In that case, it is a positive point for them to get hired in top industries.
What is the salary of AutoCAD jobs?
The average salary of AutoCAD jobs in India is around INR 2 lakh/annum
Pros and cons of AutoCAD careers
Are you thinking of starting a career in AutoCAD? Check out the pros and cons to see if an AutoCAD career is the right option for you.
- Some AutoCAD jobs require an associate's degree, which can be completed in 2 years.
- All types of industries require AutoCAD experts or technicians.
- A 40 hour week can be the norm for AutoCAD technicians.
- Some AutoCAD jobs can be done remotely.
- There is always room for career advancement.
- Jobs that include CAD/CADD include files that can be submitted online. These jobs can then be outsourced to other countries where employers can pay lower wages.
- During an economic recession, many people may be fired because jobs such as drafting can be tied to the economy.
- Some AutoCAD positions require additional professional development training, which can be timely and expensive.
- Over time, it may cause eye fatigue and wrist discomfort, depending on your AutoCAD career (e.g., drafting).
Of course, the pros and cons depend on the career you choose. In general, engineers can gain more advantages than drafters due to high qualifications. You can research in the selected field as needed to see if it suits you.
As you can see, there are many career options in AutoCAD in the fields of engineering, architecture, drafting, and design. However, the success and growth of your AutoCAD career ultimately depends on how much you can contribute to your education and the areas you are interested in. We hope this guide helped you in knowing about the career opportunities in AutoCAD.
Shaheen is a software trainer with Edoxi Training Institute Dubai. Shaheen has more than 4 years’ experience in developing and executing plans and materials for software development courses, scheduling classes into facilities, and providing software instruction. Shaheen is a travel maniac and spent most of the free time reading his favourite authors.