Are you looking for university or college admissions in the United Arab Emirates? If yes, qualifying for the EmSAT exam is your first milestone. EmSAT or the Emirates Standardized Test is a national standardized computer-based testing system. The EmSAT test is built to measure skills independently of the curriculum for grades (1-4-6-8-10-12).
The EmSAT exams are conducted at approved test centres distributed across the UAE. The students registered through an ID reader in all governments can attend the EmSat exam. EmSAT is not offered in every Testing Center. The exam is particular. EmSAT is a UAE-wide system of standardized computer-based tests based on national standards.
Is the EmSAT exam mandatory? No, the EmSAT test is not compulsory for non- Arabic-speaking students unless the student wishes to take the test and is required for college admission. A Minimum GSC overall average of 90% and EmSAT-English score of 1250 or equivalent is the passing score for the candidates.
Importance of EmSAT Exam
An EmSAT exam specifies the students’ performance level nationally and internationally. The Ministry of Education conducts the test for public and private institutions.
- The test is an alternative to other higher education entry tests. Soon, tests such as IELTS and OET will be replaced with the EmSAT exams for student admission in schools. This test measures students’ performance improvement over time.
- The test evaluates the skills, language and subject knowledge of students based on their grades. This further helps the government and the private schools in developing improvement plans for students.
- The EmSAT test covers English, Arabic, mathematics and physics for twelfth-grade students. The English EmSAT test for twelfth-grade students will replace CEPA as an accredited admissions test at UAE universities.
- EmSAT tests will also be implemented at selected schools affiliated with the Ministry of Education in grades 1, 4, 6, 8, and 10 in the UAE.
Requirements and Duration of the Test
The training duration for your EmSAT exam may cover approximately 28-32 hours. To register for the exam, you will require a Passport Copy, Curriculum Vitae, passport size photographs and Course Fee. The essential qualification for a candidate to attend the exam includes the high school completion certificate.
The candidate will also require proficiency in the English language to understand, read and write. A wide range of knowledge of science and English and the fundamentals of mathematics will help the candidate pass the test. If you wish to get yourself enrolled in the colleges in the UAE, then attending an EmSAT training would be the best choice.
EmSAT Course Content
For the 12th grade students, the EmSAT test has sections that measure the skills and knowledge in the subjects such as:
The above-mentioned are the subjects of the EmSAT exam. Depending on the course and institution you prefer, the exam subjects may differ.
How to Prepare for an EmSAT Exam?
There are several ways you can prepare for an EmSAT exam. Here are some tips for you
- Decide your university and the subjects to take
- Understand the effective guidelines for cracking the test
- Attend an EmSAT Training class
- Research resources available for the test
- Take steps to improve your reading skills
- Solve more mathematical problems
- Foster Science skills
- Start solving Past/ Sample papers
- Start preparing for the test at least 1-2 months before the exam
The scores are different for different streams and courses. However, the below mentioned are the required courses for an undergraduate course.
- Undergraduate Program
- A minimum EmSAT English score of 1250, or it's equivalent (TOEFL 525/iBT 70 or IELTS 5.5).
- A minimum EmSAT Arabic score of 900, or it's equivalent.
- A minimum EmSAT Mathematics and Physics score of 900, and an EmSAT Chemistry and Biology score of 1100, or passing the College of Medicine and Health Sciences science subjects based admission MCQ test.
EmSAT Achieve Test Subjects and the Content. Below are the EmSat test subjects and the content of the test, respectively.
|EmSAT Achieve English Test||
|EmSAT Achieve Math test||
|EmSAT Achieve Physics||
|EmSAT Achieve Chemistry||
|EmSAT Achieve Biology||
|EmSAT Achieve Computer Science||
Benefits of EmSAT Exam
There are several benefits of taking the EmSAT exam. The major advantages are listed below:
- Enrol in any colleges or universities in the UAE
- Assess your skills and knowledge in your area of interest for higher studies
- Understand English writing, clear incorrect grammatical sentences, and vocabulary mistakes.
- EmSAT is an alternative to other higher education entry tests
Blessy Babu is an English Language Associate with over seven years of experience teaching various language courses such as IELTS, OET, TOEFL, PTE, SAT, GRE & GMAT. She attained her Master’s Degree in English Literature along with a second Masters's in Counseling and Psychology. Besides, these master's degrees she gained an advanced diploma in creative writing, which perfectly enhances her writing skills. She has authored a book that contains multiple essay writing models to help learners boost their essay writing skills and styles.